In lieu of a full post this week I’ve been working on the behind-the-scenes stuff on the blog. Because I didn’t want to completely forgo posting altogether I thought now would be a good time to share a little bit about me.
I don’t think there’s enough honesty on the internet. Or, I guess, there’s plenty of honesty but we get so choosy with what we want to show the world that sometimes we lose track of ourselves.
My honesty for today: Sometimes I forget who I really am. I get so caught up in Pinterest projects and perfectly posed Instagram photos that I try my hardest to someone I’m not. I’m confident and happy but sometimes the only thing for me do to is make a list (God knows I love lists) of who I am and it brings me back down to reality. I also think this is a good way for you to get to know me. So here goes
- Snuggles with my cute boyfriend when I haven’t seen him in ages
- Singing loud when I’m alone in my car
- Analyzing TV commercials to the point of annoying everyone in the room
- Traveling to cool places
- When you go to a concert and a piece of your heart attaches to that music forever
- The first sip of coffee or tea – when it’s so hot it burns the roof of your mouth
- TV shows that make you laugh and cry and get angry and feel all kinds of feelings (that’s a whole other list)
- Finishing a project and moving to another
- How clear your head is after a good yoga class or weight lifting session
- Rainy farmers markets
- Breakfast dates at greasy diners and brunch at fancy hotels
- Trying new coffee in new cities because it makes me feel like a local (also coffee)
Instead of getting bogged down in social media today, I encourage you ground yourself by writing a little list of your own. Since I have been writing this post during one of my lecture classes I probably should stop there, but I hope you find something worth writing about today.